Zoom F8N Location Recorder
Zoom F8N 8-Channel 10-Track Location Recorder with Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters, Up to 24 bit 192 kHz Recording
By DPD On 26th Jul
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
When developing the F8n, it was our mission to provide every sound professional with the tools to create something exceptional. With features such as Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters, Zoom AutoMix™, and mic/line options for both XLR and TRS inputs, the F8n is the next generation of professional field recording.
We Stacked the Deck
Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
The F8n is equipped with Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters that provide overload protection no matter what comes your way. By adding a 1 millisecond delay, the limiters “look ahead” anticipating clipping before it’s recorded. Limiting is applied to each of the 8 channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10 to 20 dB of headroom to ensure pristine audio on every take. (US Patent 10033344)
Note: Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters cannot be used when 192 kHz sampling is selected.
The F8n features a super-low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB). Mic/line levels are selectable for both XLR and TRS inputs.
Meet your new assistant sound editor, the Zoom AutoMix™. This smart software automatically adjusts the levels of your mix to reduce the amount of ambient sound, so you can focus on what really matters – capturing a well-balanced mix.
Note: Zoom AutoMix™ cannot be used when 192 kHz sampling is selected.
State-Of-The-Art Time Code
The F8n utilizes a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy, enabling rock-solid syncing of audio and video. When powered off, the F8n will maintain up to 0.2 ppm accuracy. Time code I/O is provided on BNC connectors.
Safeguard Your Recordings
Dual SD Card Recording
Record simultaneously on two SD/SDHC/SDXC cards, up to 512 GB each, allowing for redundant recording.
Three Power Sources
A 4-pin Hirose connector allows the use of external 9-18 volt DC battery packs. Power can also be provided by 8 AA batteries or the AD-19 AC adapter included with your device. The F8n can switch power sources at a user-defined voltage level for uninterrupted recording.
The F8n’s dual-channel recording mode allows you to create safety tracks by doubling up the recordings from inputs 1-4 onto tracks 5-8. Tracks can be controlled independently, allowing you to customize each safety track with different gain, limiting, and more. (US Patent 10033344)
The pre-record function allows you to capture up to 6 seconds of audio before you hit the RECORD button.
The F8n can record to an SD card and your computer via USB simultaneously. For use during livestreaming, file back-up and more. And you can easily back up your files and stream live while recording.
Louder, Cleaner, and Clearer Monitoring
Volume, clarity, and immersion are equally important for proper monitoring in the field. That’s why updates have been made to the F8n’s headphone processing to maximize all three. A digital gain boost has been added to minimize ambient bleed, which can cause comb filtering resulting in poor audio quality.
Signals can be freely routed to the left and/or right headphone channels, pre- or post-fader. Additionally, the headphone output can be switched to mono. You also can set headphone alert tones for low battery, recording start/stop, or recording errors.
iOS Wireless Control
The Zoom F8 Control App for iOS provides extensive wireless remote control of the F8n from your iPhone or iPad using Bluetooth LE protocol. Functions include mixer pan and fader levels as well transport controls. It also monitors input levels, current time code, and battery status. When you’re finished, you can even enter file and metadata info directly from your iOS device.
Sold separately, the Zoom F-Control FRC-8 is the control surface that no serious rig is complete without. With 60mm faders and clear channel indicators, the F-Control’s simple, ergonomic design gives you complete authority over your workflow. Pair your F-Control with the Zoom F8 Control App to turn your iPhone or iPad into a large-scale meter monitor for easy reading.
File formats, resolution, and sample rates
The F8n records in BWF-compatible WAV formats up to 24-bit resolution and at sample rates up to 192 kHz. When recording files in MP3, you can choose bit rates of 128, 192, or 320 kbps.
Full Metadata entry is available including track name, scene names, notes, and more. Use your smartphone or tablet to enter your data via the Zoom F8 Control App for iOS or input it directly on the F8n.
The F8n features flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs. In addition to advanced hybrid limiters, the F8n also provides high-pass filtering to reduce the sound of wind and other noise, plus phase inversion and Mid-Side decoding. Input and output delays are also available.
Capable of recording 360-audio, the F8n is a must-have for engineers of the future. The F8n’s Ambisonics mode features A to B decoding, gain and settings linking, and a customized metering screen.
The VR Dream Team
For the ultimate VR rig, pair the Zoom F8n with a Sennheiser AMBEO mic. Built for mobility and backed by two quality names, this combination lets you capture premium 360-audio anywhere and everywhere. Features • 8-channel/10-track field audio recorder/mixer
• 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
• Compact and lightweight aluminum chassis, weighing just
• 2 pounds (without batteries)
• High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN
• Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options for both XLR and TRS
• Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
• Zoom AutoMix™ software
• Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility;
• 16-/24-bit resolution
• Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and up to 0.2 ppm when powered off) I/O on standard BNC connectors; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
• Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with Hirose connector, or 12V AC adapter (AA’s and DC battery pack not included)
• Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
• High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
• Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
• Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules; optional extender cable enables remote positioning
• Dual mini-XLR (TA3) balanced Main Outs plus ?" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
• Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
• 2.4" full-color backlit LCD with monochromatic mode
• Dedicated PFL display with viewable trim settings
• Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each
• Records in BWF-compliant WAV or MP3 file formats
• Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
• Built-in slate mic/slate tone with front panel switch
• Use as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
• Free Zoom F8 Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry
What's in the Box
• Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter
• Cubase LE and WaveLab LE download codes
• Operation manual
|Computer Interface Type|
|Mic Preamps (Max)|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)|
|Sample Rate (Max)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited