Tascam DR-40X Portable 4-Track Audio Recorder
Tascam DR-40X Portable 4-Track Audio Recorder And USB Audio Interface, Built-in Cardioid Stereo Condenser Microphone
By DPD On 26th Jul
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Fourty to the power of X
The classic DR-40, four track tascam model has been brought up to date, with two XLR / balanced line combo inputs on the bottom and stereo built in mics at the top. The config makes it perfect for uses such as recording the stereo feed from a desk at a live gig and capturing the crowd noise using the built in mics in X/Y or A-B position.
It's also got Phantom power on the XLR inputs, so could also be used for location or acoustic guitar recording with two spot mics and the built in pair capturing room sound.
The controls have been redesigned for speed and most key features can now be accessed with one thumb operation, with common functions such as adjusting levels, adding markers and of course, record are all activated with a single button push.
They've even added a safety track funnction to record the same source at different gains on different tracks, to cope with that "overexcited vocalist syndrome" that can often occur.
Extended Battery Life
dr-07x uses only two AA batteries and has ultra-long battery capability. When using built-in microphones, recording lasts 17.5 hours when recording with standard 2ch WAV, 44.1kHz/ 16bit format using alkaline batteries. Also dr-07x can be powered by a USB mobile battery as well for super long extended use.
Connect to a PC in USB Audio interface mode, and DR-40X becomes a tool for voiceover work, live streaming and songwriting with studio-quality audio. Built-in microphones appear as USB mics.
• Stereo XLR/TRS mic/line input with phantom power (supports +4 dB line level input)
• Rec. media: SD/SDHC/SDXC (up to 128 GB)
• USB audio interface mode for Mac and Windows computers (two inputs, two outputs)
• Overwrite function for punch-in recording with one level of Undo
• Recording/playback formats
--WAV: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24 bit
--MP3: 44.1/48 kHz, 32/64/96/128/192/256/320 kbit/s
• 4-track recording from the same source at different levels or from different sources
• Recording functions: Non-destructive overdub, Peak Reduction, Auto Level, Limiter, Auto Recording, Pre-recording buffer, Self-timer, Marks, Tone generator for editing, , Low-cut filter (40/80/120/220 Hz)
• Playback functions: Mixdown, Auto Level Align, VSA, Repeat/Loop, Playlist, Resume, Jump back, Equalizer
• Built-in loudspeaker, headphones/line output
• Reverb effect with six presets
• Chromatic tuner, file divide function
• QUICK menu, folder management, Hold function
• USB 2.0 port for file transfer to/from computer
• Footswitch connector for hands-free operation of several functions
• Stand adapter (¼ inch) on bottom side
• Maximum SPL : 125 dB
• Frequency response : 20 Hz . 40 kHz +1/.3 dB (Fs 96 kHz)
• Total harmonic distortion : 0.05 %
• S/N ratio : 92 dB
• Power supply :3 AA batteries, USB bus power, Tascam PS-P520E (sold separately)
• Power consumption :1.7 W
• Dimensions (overall, W x D x H) 70/90 mm x 155 mm x 35 mm
• Weight (without/with batteries) : 213/282 g
|Computer Interface Type||USB 2|
|Connections (Input)||2 x XLR / Jack Combo|
|Mic Preamps (Max)||2|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)||0|
|Sample Rate (Max)||96 kHz|
|Connections (Output)||1 x Headphone (TRS 3.5mm Jack)|
|Dimensions (mm)||70 × 155 × 35 WxHxD|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited