USB to RS-232 adapter cable with COM Retention from StarTech.com
StarTech.com 30cm USB to RS-232 Adapter with COM Retention, Transfer Upto 920Kb/s, Add Legacy Functionality
By DPD On 28th Jul
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
A time-saving and convenient USB/Serial solution, the adapter retains assigned serial COM port values in nonvolatile memory, allowing the same values to automatically be assigned to the adapter serial port if disconnected and reconnected, or disconnected from one USB port and installed in another.
A versatile connectivity solution that bridges legacy serial peripheral devices with newer USB-capable computers, the USB to Serial adapter offers broad operating system compatibility including Windows®, Linux and Mac OS, for easy integration into mixed environments.
• Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port.
• Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment.
• Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices.
• Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync.
• Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports. Features • USB to Straight-Through RS232 Serial Adapter.
• Supports data transfer rates of up to 920kpbs.
• COM Port assignments maintained across reboot.
• Powered by an available USB port - no external power adapter required.
• Provides dual buffers for upstream and downstream data transfer.
• Supports remote wake up and power management control.
• Supports automatic handshake mode.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- 0800 169 0408
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.