StarTech.com 2 Serial and 1 Parallel port DP PCI-E RS-232 Serial Adaptor Card
StarTech.com 2 Serial + 1 Parallel DP PCI-E RS-232 Serial Card, 2x RS232 Serial Ports with Transfer Rates Up-to 460.8Kbp
By DPD On 20th Sep
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
2x RS-232 and 1x Parallel Port PCI Express Adapter Card from StarTech.com
The PEX2S5531P 2S1P PCI Express Card turns a PCI Express slot into two RS232 (DB9) serial ports and one Parallel port. The adapter card features a native PCI Express single chip design that allows you to take advantage of full PCI Express capability, providing improved speed and reliability while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards which use a bridge chip design.
Compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows® 2000/XP/2003/Vista™/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64-bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, and MAC OS 10.4, this 2 Port Serial 1 Port Parallel PCI-Express Card also features an optional low profile/half-height bracket that allows the card to be installed in virtually any computer case, regardless of the case form factor.
This product is a replacement for the PEX2S5521P card.
• Self-service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
• POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
• Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
• Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
• Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.
• One parallel port with data transfer rate up to 1.5 Mbps.
• Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.0a.
• 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver.
• Configurable in 5V, 12V, and RI (non-powered) modes.
• Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port.
• Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express.
• Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS/RTS and DSR/DTR.
• Automated in-band flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions.
|Interface||PCIe 1.0 (x1)|
|Connectivity||2 x RS232|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- 0800 169 0408
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.