Want to be a part of our journey?
Join us in our mission to dominate all things tech. From taking over the e-sports industry with our bespoke gaming systems to helping solve the world’s most difficult problems through Deep Learning and AI.Back to Jobs >
Pro Video Purchasing Assistant
Pro Video Purchasing Assistant
Competitive / Negotiable
The Scan Pro Video Business Unit are looking for a motivated, hard-working team player to join our growing team as ‘Purchasing Assistant’. Supporting the Pro Video Purchaser, you will be required to carry out day to day admin tasks, work across sales and purchasing teams within Scan to support with any purchasing, stock and sales activity. You will also be required to support the Pro Video team with updates, vendor communications and reporting on any stock, purchasing or day to day issues.
The role is suitable for someone who enjoys working in a fast- paced, collaborative environment, who can work effectively as part of a team, whilst also being able to confidently manage their own workload.
In this role you will:
- Frequently carry out price checks and price changes across Pro Video product lines
- Daily meetings with the Pro Video Purchaser and Pro Video Manager to review workload and tasks set
- Reviewing product bundles to ensure we have sufficient stock and pricing.
- Helping to obtain ETAs and pricing from suppliers for the sales teams, customer service and Pro Video Team.
- Setting up promotions and SOAs
- Following up on agreed credits and rebates
- Regular Brand and Product line reviews across the website
- Setting up new products on Scan’s backend systems
- Document and manage workload across the companies preferred workflow management platforms.
For this role. you would ideally have the following skills:
- Confident and Professional
- Driven Team Player
- Admin or Sales background preferred but not essential
- Able to manage their own workload as well as working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Available to work onsite when required
- Computer literate and confident within MS packages
- Quick and open learner
- Comfortable working over Teams and other Video Conferencing platforms
- An active interest in video technology, film or photography would be an advantage but not essential.
If you are successful, you will receive an attractive package that will consist of:
- Salary from £20,000 Dependant on Experience
- Upto 33 days holiday
- Wellbeing Plan – facilitated by Changing Minds UK
- Pro-fit – Nutritional advice, promoting healthy lifestyle and fitness
- Employee Discount
- Ongoing training programmes
- Personal development and appraisal plan
- Pension Scheme with flexible contributions
Please note Scan Computers is based in Horwich, Bolton and as such we would request applications from around the local area only.
Does this sound like you? If so submit your CV to [email protected]
Our work culture
At Scan we believe in a philosophy that allows everybody to find peace in mind and body which leads to a good work life balance and in turn financial security. Our recipe to happy growth is to feel good on the outside, feel good on the inside and career development.
We have partnered with Changing Minds to help develop individual psychological well being. There psychiatrists are on hand to give advice on many topics, such as self care, sleep, stress, anxiety and more from our dedicated private consultation room.
A strong mind go’s well with a strong body. Working at Scan will give you access to our personal training program through Pro-Fit. This is great for getting into shape, nutrition advice and group HIIT sessions.
Scan recognises that job satisfaction doesn’t come without career development. Expect to get annual appraisals and one-to-one sessions from us to ensure you feel secure in your position and what you need to do to take the next steps.