Want to be a part of our journey?
Join us in our mission to dominate all things tech. From taking over the e-sports industry with our bespoke gaming systems to helping solve the world’s most difficult problems through Deep Learning and AI.Back to Jobs >
Desktop Support Engineer
Desktop Support Engineer
Competitive / Negotiable
Scan Computers, a multi-award winning family owned business have a fantastic opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our team. The role requires working as a part of a team and being adaptable to different situations, whilst providing the high level of support and excellent customer service. Responsible for providing first line support to teammates within Scan and in some instances support Scan’s clients, directly or indirectly. The primary focus will be to ensure all calls and emails are answered promptly, requests and incidents are dealt with appropriately and all calls are adequately logged within scan’s service management system.
In this role you will:
- Act as a single point of contact for all incoming calls and emails from customers regarding IT issues and queries
- 1st line support - troubleshooting IT relating problems for the firm’s core systems ensuring issue are logged with the required information
- Ensure all calls and emails are logged
- Escalate unresolved issue to the 2nd line support team in a timely manner
- Keeping customers updated on outstanding tickets
- Take ownership of problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the customer and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Meet or exceed defined quality and performance targets for IT Service Desk
- Taking responsibility for calls and seeing them through to completion
- Assigning incidents and requests to appropriate 2nd/ 3rd line teams after all troubleshooting steps have been exhausted
- Proactively picking up on trends from calls logged (e.g. identifying customer training needs or logging problem records on the back of multiple similar calls)
- Updating documentation and knowledge base articles as and when required.
For this role. you would ideally have the following skills:
- Customer services experience working in an IT Service Desk within a large corporate environment
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Able to understand business needs and prioritise issues accordingly
- Knowledge of windows 10
- Knowledge of desktop and server hardware
- A keen interest in developing skills and learning via training and self-study
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience supporting Microsoft software (Office, Exchange, Active Directory, Server etc.)
If you are successful, you will receive an attractive package that will consist of:
- A negotiable salary
- Optional overtime opportunity working Saturday internally or at external events
- Wellbeing Plan – facilitated by Changing Minds UK
- Pro-fit – Nutritional advice, promoting healthy lifestyle and fitness
- Employee Discount
- Ongoing training programme
- Pension Scheme with flexible contributions
Please note Scan Computers is based in Horwich, Bolton and as such we would request applications from around the local area only.
Does this sound like you? If so submit your CV to [email protected]
Our work culture
At Scan we believe in a philosophy that allows everybody to find peace in mind and body which leads to a good work life balance and in turn financial security. Our recipe to happy growth is to feel good on the outside, feel good on the inside and career development.
We have partnered with Changing Minds to help develop individual psychological well being. There psychiatrists are on hand to give advice on many topics, such as self care, sleep, stress, anxiety and more from our dedicated private consultation room.
A strong mind go’s well with a strong body. Working at Scan will give you access to our personal training program through Pro-Fit. This is great for getting into shape, nutrition advice and group HIIT sessions.
Scan recognises that job satisfaction doesn’t come without career development. Expect to get annual appraisals and one-to-one sessions from us to ensure you feel secure in your position and what you need to do to take the next steps.